Meet Nigel Hawke
& Thorne Farm Racing
With over 40 years experience in racing, Nigel has a well earned reputation for sourcing and nurturing future talent both for owners and the yards racing club. As a Grand National winning jockey Nigel know’s what it takes to get great horses across the finish line.
The Benefits of
The thrill of enjoying racehorse ownership or a share in a racehorse is not as expensive as you might think and you don’t even need any prior experience, just a love of horses and a desire to be involved in one of the worlds most popular sports. There’s nothing quite like the thrill of watching your horse race towards the finishing post and if it wins, or is placed, to be invited to the Winners Enclosure to celebrate, it’s an amazing feeling! As well as the adrenaline, the racing action, the social scene, the excitement of the paddock, the exhilaration of cheering on your own racehorse, there are a number of other benefits of owning your own racehorse. The benefits:
• Prize Money
• Race Day Privileges
• Insider Knowledge
• Regular Trainer Contact
Purchasing A Racehorse
If you engage Nigel to assist in purchasing a race horse, Nigel will become your agent. His duty will guarantee you total integrity & loyalty to act in good faith & be open & transparent with all discussions so that fair dealing is maintained for all parties. To assist with this Nigel has a clear Written Commission Agreement.
- Nigel and or his representatives will make all the calls about prospective racehorses & narrow the client selection.
- Nigel and or his representatives will advise on each horses attributes & suitability for said client.
- Once a final selection is agreed, Nigel will advise on price, at this stage the client can opt to deal with the seller direct & pay the seller direct.
- All horses that are bought will be vetted once the sale price is agreed. Nigel and or his representatives will arrange this & the client is responsible for this vetting fee & can opt to deal direct with the vet. Once the horse has a vets certificate a sales invoice will be issued by the seller to be paid directly by the client.
- Nigel and or his representatives will arrange transport for the purchased racehorse/s & this cost is the clients responsibility. At this stage the client can opt to pay for the transportation direct with the company that provides this service.
- Nigel’s professional service is charged at 5% of the gross sale price that is agreed between client & seller, with a minimum fee of £1000.00.
Picking a winner – Tiger Roll
Click on the image above to hear the Tiger Roll Story – The little horse with a huge heart – A fantastic feature by @gabrielclarke05 on Tiger Roll, who emulated Red Rum with back-to-back Grand National wins in 2018 and 2019.
The story is testament to Nigel’s skill at spotting a winner. Tiger Roll had never jumped a hurdle when he was bought at auction for £10,000 in November 2013 and was sold 3 month’s later for £80,000 after winning for Thorne Farm Racing at Market Rasen.
Thorne Farm Racing Limited
Devon EX16 9QG
Nigel Hawke 07769 295839