Would you like to experience the thrill of ownership at a fraction of the cost?
The Nigel Hawke Racing Club
We have spent the last five years building up one of the finest racing facilities in the region, located in a spectacularly beautiful Devon valley, just ten minutes from the historic market town of Tiverton.
We are always happy to welcome new individual owners to Thorne Farm, but we are also keen to encourage as many people as possible to experience the thrill of participating in the sport from an owner’s perspective. The Nigel Hawke Racing Club has been created specifically for this purpose. The objective is to allow club members to share in the racing experience at a fraction of the cost of outright ownership. Club membership is available for just £45.00 per month or a discounted rate of £515.00 if you pay for the whole year.
Uniquely to the Nigel Hawke Racing Club, members will also see some of our young horses make their racecourse debuts in the Club colours – who knows which stars of the future will start off here?
We have experienced notable success in purchasing top quality horses at reasonable prices – Deauville Crystal, Johanos, Pearl Royale, Nachi Falls, Lord Ballim & Tiger Roll to name just a few.
Come and join the success story at Thorne Farm – we look forward to meeting you in the very near future!
Horses currently running in the racing club colours
- 28th March 2013 b g
- By Milan out of Glazed Storm
- 25th March 2011 b g
- By New Approach out of Lakuta
• There is nothing better than watching your horse race!
• A unique social experience of all aspects of horse racing.
• We have a proven track record both in winning races and buying great young horses.
• Free owners badges to see club horses run.
• Stable visits and club member events.
• Share of prize money earned by club horses.
• Meet the trainer and jockey on race day.
Your membership fee covers your share in the training, saddlery and silks, vets fees, insurance and horses travel to the races. The cost of declarations, entries, jockey fees and trainers fees are also included.
For further information complete the contact form below.
NIGEL HAWKE RACING CLUB – CLUB RULES
- All members must be at least 18 years old
- Membership is not available to anybody who is currently “warned off” by the British Horseracing Authority.
- The management reserves the right to refuse membership or limit membership numbers at its sole discretion.
- Membership runs for 12 months from the date of joining.
- Membership of the Club is not intended in any way to be an investment. Returns are limited solely to the enjoyment of horse racing
- Membership of the Club does not convey any ownership rights in any of the horses which may run in the Club’s name.
- Membership is personal, is non-transferable and cannot be sold or shared.
- Membership cannot be used for any commercial or promotional purposes.
- All horses which run in the Club’s name will be leased to the Club at zero cost
- Club members will be eligible to receive 50% of prize money after standard Weatherbys deductions and will be distributed at the end of the annual membership period on a pro-rata basis in line with the members’ respective periods of membership during that period.
- All decisions regarding the training and racing of the horses will be made solely by the Management and the Trainer.
- Fees may be paid monthly (1st of each month) or annually in advance.
- Members are protected from any additional outlay. The total coat of membership is limited to the monthly / annual membership fee.
- The Management will endeavour to have a minimum of 4 horses running in the Club’s name at all times.
- Notwithstanding 14 above, the Management reserves the right to remove horses from the Club and to substitute alternatives at their sole discretion.
- The Management will , as often as possible , arrange for additional horses to run in the Club’s name. This will normally be younger horses making their racecourse debuts for the Trainer
- In the event of any horse running in the Club’s colours being offered for sale, Members will be given “first refusal” to purchase before it is offered to other potential purchasers.
- The Management will endeavour to provide free racecourse badges to all members who notify the Club that they intend to attend on race days. 48 hours’ notice will be required to enable badges to be available on the day.
- In the event of insufficient free badges being available, the Management will endeavour to negotiate discounted entry fees.
- Subject to 21 below, no refunds of membership fees will be made in any circumstances
- Membership will automatically cease on death of a member. Where fees have been paid in advance, a refund will be made in respect of any unused period from the date of death to the end of the membership period.
- Membership will continue after the initial 12 month period unless the member notifies the Management in writing prior to the end of the current membership period. The address for notification is Nigel Hawke Racing Club Thorne Farm, Stoodleigh, Tiverton, Devon EX16 9QG
- The Management reserves the right to discontinue the activities of the Club in the event that its continued operation becomes financially unviable.